Hills Science Diet Large Breed Puppy
Science Diet™ Puppy Large Breed
It takes superior nutrition to meet the needs of a large breed dog, and Hill’s® Science Diet® Puppy Large Breed pet food has it. For puppies who will weigh more than 55 lb. (25 kg.) when fully mature, Hill’s® Science Diet® Puppy Large Breed pet food promotes healthy muscle and bone development as well as properly controlled growth so large breed puppies grow healthy and sound. It also includes a superior antioxidant blend for a lifetime of good health plus carnitine, a special nutrient shown to enhance bone strength and structure. It is enhanced with natural DHA, an Omega-3 fatty acid vital in the development of the brain and nervous system in puppies.
Large breed puppies (over 55 lbs when adult) up to 1 year old.
Not Recommended For:
- Pregnant or nursing dogs because of a lower energy density and lower calcium content (compared to Hill’s® Science Diet® Puppy Original). Pregnant or nursing dogs should be fed Hill’s® Science Diet Puppy Original or Hill’s® Science Diet® Puppy Small Bites.
- Adult or mature adult dogs.
|Superior Antioxidant Formula||A higher level of vitamins E + C versus major competitive brands. A powerful combination of antioxidants helps ensure that puppies develop a healthy immune system. Antioxidants are known to help slow cell oxidation.|
|Enhanced with Natural DHA||Important for brain and vision development.|
|High Carnitine||Helps develop lean muscles and strong bones to grow healthy, vigorous puppies. Promotes fat metabolism by working to turn fat into energy. Supports a healthy heart and healthy liver function.|
|High-Quality Protein||Helps build strong bones and muscles. Helps ensure optimal growth and development.|
|Nourishing Fatty Acids||Help maintain proper function of nervous and immune systems, as well as promote healthy skin and a shiny coat.|
|Digestible Carbohydrates||Supply abundant energy for active puppies, while promoting gentle digestion.|
|Vitamins and Minerals||Provide an ideal balance of vitamins and minerals for growing puppies.|
|Naturally Preserved||Mixed tocopherols (a form of vitamin E) preserve freshness and great taste.|
Daily Feeding Guide:
- These amounts are a starting point only. Your pet may need less or more food to maintain proper weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- For pregnant or nursing large breed dogs: Hill’s® Science Diet® Puppy Original or Hill’s® Science Diet® Lamb Meal & Rice Recipe are the recommended products.
- Feeding this food for the first time? Mix increasing amounts of your pet’s new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- We recommend that you take your pet to the veterinarian at least twice a year for regular health check-ups.
- Your pet’s nutritional needs change with each lifestage. Continue to give him the same precise and balanced nutrition by transitioning your puppy to one of the Hill’s® Science Diet® Adult dog foods once he reaches 1 year of age.
- To prevent injuries, keep package out of reach of pets and children.
|Weight of Dog||Growth less than 4 months||Growth 4 to 9 months||Growth 10 to 12 months|
|2.0 lb (0,9 kg)||1/2 cup (55 g)|
|5.0 lb (2,3 kg)||1 cup (110 g)|
|8.0 lb (3,6 kg)||1 1/2 cups (160 g)|
|10.0 lb (4,5 kg)||1 3/4 cups (190 g)|
|20.0 lb (9,1 kg)||3 cups (325 g)||2 1/2 cups (270 g)|
|40.0 lb (18,1 kg)||5 cups (540 g)||4 cups (430 g)||3 1/4 cups (350 g)|
|60.0 lb (27,2 kg)||6 2/3 cups (720 g)||5 1/2 cups (595 g)||4 1/2 cups (485 g)|
|80.0 lb (36,3 kg)||7 cups (755 g)||5 1/2 cups (595 g)|
|100.0 lb (45,4 kg)||8 1/4 cups (890 g)||6 1/2 cups (700 g)|
|120.0 lb (54,4 kg)||7 1/2 cups (810 g)|
|140.0 lb (63,5 kg)||8 1/3 cups (900 g)|